Ask a Dentist – Dental Bridge, Filling, Excess Saliva and Tooth Abscess

Dr. Howell answers this round in our "Ask a Dentist" blog.  Increase your dental IQ and improve your dental health by staying up to date on health information from a trusted dentist.  You can read more about Dr. Howell at Longmont Dental Health. What is the definition or description of: Dental filling? A filling is a dental material to replace a portion of the tooth lost due to fracture or decay. It can be composite (white), silver or gold. Does it hurt when using a dental ultrasonic scaler? Normally no.  An ultrasonic scaler is normally not painful to use. If the gums are inflamed or covered with calculus it may be painful to use but hand scaling would also be uncomfortable. What is the definition or description of: Dental bridge? Replaces teeth.  A dental bridge is a dental appliance to replace a missing or lost permanent tooth. Normally it is attached to adjacent … [Read more...]