If this is your first visit to our office, WELCOME! As a new patient, we would like you to print and complete our patient information forms (download forms) . If time does not allow, or it is simply inconvenient, please arrive at your initial visit 15 minutes early with your paperwork completed. If you have dental insurance, and wish us to file a claim for you, please bring your dental card so that we can have complete information.
For your convenience we accept cash, personal checks, Visa and Mastercard & Discover. The patient portion of the payment is due in full at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made prior to your visit.
Your claim will be submitted electronically on the same day as your visit. Most insurance companies will respond within two to six weeks. We will send a monthly statement reflecting what insurance has not paid. Your prompt remittance is appreciated.
You can expect the insurance company to reimburse Dental Health Colorado for a portion of our fee. That portion is determined by the contract between you, your employer and the insurance company. Although we are not a party to the contractual arrangement with your insurance company, we do want to help you receive the maximum reimbursement to which you are entitled. As a convenience to you, we will process your insurance claims in order for you to receive this maximum benefit. We will also gladly provide dental x-rays and a written diagnostic report should your insurance company have any questions about the services provided. For a list of the dental insurance that we accept, please visit dental health insurance.
Specific Charges that MAY Apply to Your Cleanings
Cleanings that are covered 100% under your dental plan are routine/simple cleanings only. “Routine” means above the gum line. Patients who have tartar, plaque, or buildup under the gum line require a different, more involved cleaning procedure. There is a completely different billing code and charge for these types of cleanings and your dental plan may or may not cover it. It is not appropriate for us to perform a routine cleaning and leave the debris under the gums. Professional treatment standards require your dental hygienist or dentist to clean properly under the gum line in order to restore your dental health. We encourage you to ask your hygienist or doctor after your complete examination which type of dental cleaning will be necessary to address your dental care.
We Are a Mercury Free Office
To give our patients the best possible care, Dental Health does not place silver fillings. While silver fillings may last long, they turn black and can actually weaken teeth. The dentists at Dental Health Colorado are aware of the recent studies regarding the safety of amalgam, but have chosen to abandon the use of mercury-based amalgam fillings in the best interest of our patients and to maintain a high standard of dental care. Some insurance companies will only partially cover composite fillings in posterior teeth.
We Utilize the Latest Technology
At Dental Health we utilize the newest dental technologies and techniques in order to make your visit to the dentist more convenient and comfortable. There are moderate additional charges for these services that your insurance may or may not cover. Please feel free to discuss the benefits of these technologies with your Dental Health dentist.
- Same Day Crowns and Veneers: We use cutting edge technology with restorations, materials and techniques that are rapid and ultra-long lasting. We use the state of the art E4D Dentist CAD CAM system. For more information on same-day porcelain crowns, please click the link.
- Intra-Oral Camera : The Intra-Oral camera is a tiny digital camera that looks like a pen and can be easily moved around your mouth. The benefit of the Intra-Oral camera is that it allows the dentist to see cracks in old silver fillings or fractures in the tooth structure and enamel that could not be seen by the naked eye. It also offers the patient a clear visual of what the dentist finds.
- Laser Cavity Detection: We have invested in the latest technology to improve cavity detection. We use a new tool called a DIAGNOdent to detect early breakdown in your mouth. This pen like laser is totally pain free for patients. One of our dentists calls it the Geiger counter for cavities. By catching breakdowns in an early stage, we can prevent them from getting worse. We can stop the cavity and prevent expensive fillings and restorations for you.
- Digital Radiography: Advances in digital radiology allow us to X-ray our patients safely and quickly. Because a digital X-ray system requires no film, it reduces patient radiation exposure by 80 percent and eliminates hazardous chemicals that were required to develop traditional films. Patients simply bite down on digital sensors—instead of film—while computers process the imagery. Within seconds, the digital images are ready for viewing.
- Cancer Screening: We also use a device to detect oral cancer called a VELscope. The VELscope is non-invasive and uses a bright blue light to emphasize any changes in the mouth that we could not normally see. For more on early oral cancer detection, please click the link.
- Laser Gum Treatments: Laser periodontal treatment can be accomplished painlessly, quickly, and with your cooperation, can be kept in remission.
We take your privacy very seriously. We adhere to HIPAA guidelines and it’s important you know your rights. For more on HIPPA, please visit their site.