At Dental Health, we have partnered with a therapist to provide dental phobia treatment. There is a surprisingly large portion of the population that simply decide “No Way” when it comes to going to the dentist. This kind of severe dental phobia can be absolutely debilitating. People who suffer from it will avoid going to the dentist, even in the face of pain, tooth decay, or even tooth loss.
Check the list below and see if any of these apply to you:
- You resort to extreme measures to avoid the dentist even when experiencing severe toothaches.
- When you go to the dentist, you are completely overwhelmed fear.
- Some of the feelings include breathlessness, excessive sweating, dry mouth, shaking, heart palpitations, inability to speak or think clearly, a fear of dying, becoming mad or losing control, a sensation of detachment from reality, or a full blown anxiety attack.
- You seek dental care only when the deterioration of your dental health is threatening your well being or life.
Dental Phobia Treatment
We have found that for someone with this level of fear of the dentist, the best place to start is dental phobia treatment. Dental Health has partnered with Sarah Houy, M.A., a registered psychotherapist who specializes in cases of severe dental phobia. Over the course of eight weeks you will receive lots of tools and techniques that will help you in managing your anxiety, and achieving your desired outcomes as it relates to your dental experience. The phobia treatment includes:
- In-depth Assessment
- Individual trauma therapy
- Light Stream Technique
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation/Guided Imagery
For more information, call Modern Human Center at 720-217-1213.