Millions of people are enjoying the benefits of a straighter, brighter, shapelier smile thanks to porcelain veneers. The results are so lifelike that you couldn’t tell a veneered tooth from a natural tooth, even upon careful inspection. Clinically proven for more than 15 years, porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry services. Twenty-five million placed restorations are testimony to the long-standing success of porcelain veneers.
What are Veneers?
A veneer is a thin shell of porcelain that fits over damaged, discolored, or misshaped teeth. They create bright, white smiles with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth. They also protect the surface of damaged teeth . Porcelain is an extremely durable material with a color, translucencey and texture that is similar to tooth enamel.
Successful Results Depend on In-Depth Understanding of Your Mouth and Your Goals
The dentists at Dental Health have years of experience, and many satisfied customers who have had their smiles, and lives, transformed with porcelain veneers. When you come in, we will share the before and after photos of our patients to demonstrate the quality of our work.
In our experience, there is one skill above all others that create outstanding smiles and very happy patients, and that is listening. Our Dental Health Dentists take significant time to understand you, how you feel about your smile, the personality you want to project, and how much you want to spend. We have found that it is critical to take as much time as necessary to listen to and discuss the patient’s goals for cosmetic dentistry. To be very clear about what our patients want, we use computer imaging, and our library of before and after photos.
Benefits of Dental Health Porcelain Veneers
- Bright white smile yet natural looking. The veneers can be as white as you want. Because we use the highest quality porcelain, the results will look totally natural. We carefully sculpt each and every veneer to achieve the most natural result.
- “Instant Orthodontics” When covered with dental veneers, small gaps, minor overlaps, and uneven teeth can be corrected for a beautiful smile. In cases where teeth are slightly crooked to extremely crooked, veneers can be used to create an instant orthodontic effect.
- Resistance to Staining. Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains from tea, coffee, and cigarette smoke. A significant advantage is that porcelain, which is ceramic and glass-like, will be resistant to stain.
- Will place the veneers with the least amount of alteration to your original teeth. A cosmetic veneer covers the visible part of a tooth, preserving a large amount of the natural tooth structure The procedure can usually be done with little to no numbing.
- Will fix old fillings or bonding. Veneers can be used to cover over and conceal fillings that have become stained or discolored. Old fillings and previous attempts at cosmetic bonding that have become discolored can be easily corrected.
- Addresses stained teeth. Veneers can be used to make color changes for teeth that have permanent stains. Some teeth are naturally discolored. This includes teeth that have tetracycline, fluorosis staining, and those that have darkened as a result of physical trauma, root canal treatment or just age.
How Long Will Veneers Last?
How long your veneers will last depends largely on how well you take care of them. The porcelain is actually stronger than your natural teeth and won’t get tooth decay. However, the part of the tooth that is uncovered is still susceptible to cavities. If you eat carbohydrates frequently between meals, or if you do not floss and brush regularly, you will have a greater chance of cavities. If you take excellent care of your teeth, your veneers will last many years. They should last between ten and twenty years with good care.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Teeth Whitening. Professional tooth whitening is one of the services we provide at Dental Health. Many of our patients achieve outstanding whitening results with both our in-office and at-home whitening services. However, for some people, such as severe tetracycline stains, this whitening procedure will not achieve the whiteness people want. Permanently stained teeth can be re-surfaced with veneers to make them look perfect. Also, veneers are stain-resistant so no further whitening is ever needed.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Braces. Braces take time, especially for adults. It usually takes one to two years with braces to straighten the teeth, and afterwards the patient must wear a retainer. Veneers are a permanent fix that can be applied in one or two visits. Results from veneers can be more lasting and accomplished in a fraction of the time.
What is the process like for getting Porcelain Veneers?
Our office is specially designed with patient comfort and convenience in mind, so that we can accommodate patients who need to get their work done quickly with no compromise on quality. After our thorough exam and consultation with you to determine all of the details of your case, the process itself begins with the preparation of the teeth and taking impressions of the prepared teeth.
Our Dental Health dentists use the latest technology to produce the highest quality results. Our offices are equipped with the E4D Dentist CAD CAM system. This system is designed for creating digital impressions, and on the spot fabricating crowns and veneers. These restorations can then be placed within the same appointment or within the same day. Patients are impressed by the advanced technology, and appreciate the convenience of a same day restoration.
If our dentists determine that your case would be better served with a porcelain veneer created in a lab, this would require the placement of temporary acrylic veneers. Normally, the processing time at the dental laboratory is two weeks. The final porcelain veneers are permanently bonded at the second office visit.
Complimentary Consultation for Porcelain Veneers
Our Dental Health dentists are experienced and skilled cosmetic dentists that can create your beautiful new smile with porcelain veneers If you are considering porcelain veneers, call today today to schedule a complimentary consultation.