A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that replaces the root of the natural tooth. After the implant is placed, artificial teeth are attached enabling normal function and natural tooth appearance.
Is a Dental Implant Right for You?
Implant patients are of all ages and implants may be the right choice for anyone missing one or more teeth due to injury, disease or decay. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease. Dental implants are actually more tooth saving than traditional bridgework, since implants do not rely on surrounding teeth for support.
Maybe your dentures don’t feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing. Even if you have worn a fixed or removable bridge or a complete denture, you may still be a good candidate for dental implants. Dental Implants act as an excellent source of anchorage for patients with loose or ill-fitting dentures.
Dental implants provide patients with a permanent solution to missing teeth that enable them to chew, laugh, talk and smile with confidence.
Most Closely Approximates Having Your Own Natural Teeth
Dental implants are so natural looking and feeling that you will forget you ever lost a tooth. You know that your confidence about your teeth affects how you feel about yourself, both personally and professionally. Dental implants from Dental Health Colorado are so natural looking and feeling that you will forget you ever lost a tooth and live with confidence again.
Longest Lasting Tooth Replacement Option
Under proper conditions, such as placement by a periodontist and diligent patient maintenance, implants can last a lifetime. Long-term studies continue to show improving success rates for implants. Dental implants can replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth, support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable partial denture, provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Investment in Yourself
Call Dental Health today for a free consultation about Dental Implants. Dental implants are a great investment because they can provide a permanent solution to your dental problems.