Coda Health Kitchen is the first and only kitchen on-site at medical facilities to support, inspire and educate clients towards better health. Our nutritionists provide on-site clinical counseling, support, programs, products and patient education in order for patients to develop overall systemic health. We know how important food is!
Coda Health Kitchen has put this list of soft food recipes together to help you cope with the difficulty of selecting and preparing food after an oral-surgery.
After your surgical procedure it is important to eat nutrient-dense foods to aid in the healing process and help keep your energy levels high. Any fruits or vegetables that are soft and can be mashed are good choices. We have listed some additional nutritious meal ideas that are soft and delicious.
We recommend buying the ingredients and preparing these delicious, easy to eat meal ideas before your scheduled appointment in order to make your after-care simple, healthy and easy. Just keep the prepared meal in your fridge so that it is ready for you when you come home. If you have any questions about where to buy ingredients or about these recipes, please contact one of our nutritionists through our Coda Health Kitchen website. Coda Health Kitchen is our preventive health care program sponsored by our innovative the innovative dentists at Dental Health Colorado. We serve nutrient dense smoothies and foods to our dental patients at select locations. We also include videos demonstrating how to prepare raw foods at our Dental Health Colorado and Coda Health Kitchen video library.
Soups, Bisque and Salad
Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 4 large cucumbers, cleaned and peeled
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 avacado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ chopped dill
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups spring water
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Raw Tomato Soup
- 1 quart chunked tomatoes
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs. fresh basil
- Sea salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend until creamy. Enjoy!
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup white miso
- 1 tbs. fresh tarragon
- 1 tbs. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups spring water
- Sea salt and coarse black pepper
- 2 tbs. parsley
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy.
Carrot-Sweet Potato Bisque
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup spring water
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp ginger root
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
Bake the potatoes and boil carrots until soft. Mix all the ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
This is a great cold salad dish that is soft, nutrient dense and versatile.
- Raw quinoa (You can prepare raw quinoa 2 different ways. 1). Rinse, soak for 8 hours, rinse, eat. 2) Sprout. Rinse then soak for 12 hours. Drain spread quinoa thin on a cookie sheet, cover and put in the dark for 48 hours. Rinse, drain and re-spread quinoa every 8 hours.
- Hemp, sesame or olive oil.
- Your favorite fresh herbs
Toss ingredients together and keep refrigerator until ready to eat.
Vanilla Coconut Kefir
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- ½ teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract
- Live Kefir Yogurt
Mix coconut water with vanilla. Stir into Live Kefir Yogurt and top with agave, raw honey or cinnamon.
Smoothies are the perfect option for filling you up and getting a hefty dose of nutrient and enzyme dense foods.
Experiment with different ingredients until you find a few favorite personal recipes. You can use nut, seed or coconut milk as your base and add some of the ingredients below.
- Any fruit (banana, peaches, berries, mangos, oranges, mango, papaya
- Greens (kale, romaine, celery, spiralina, chlorella)
- Protein Powder
- Cacao, Nut Butters, Coconut Butter
- Chia Seeds, Hemp seeds, Flax seeds
- Fresh made fruit or vegetable juice
- Vanilla, almond extract, Agave, Aloe, Raw Honey
- Acai and Goji Berries
- Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Freshly brewed green or yerba matte tea
Cacao, or the real chocolate, is a highly nutritious and nutrient dense super food packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla stevia
- 1 tbs. cacao powder
Also, Enjoy These Drinks
- Fresh fruit or vegetable juice and juice blends
- Soy Milk, Almond Milk
- Yerba Matte Tea, Green Tea, Herbal Tea, Fruit Tea
- Spring, filtered or alkalizing water
- Lemon Water
Banana Chia Pudding
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Cup water
- 3 mashed banana
- 1tbs cinnamon and organic pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg, ginger and sea salt
Blend ingredients together and let sit until chia seeds become pudding like. Chill and serve. Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, antioxidants, phytonutrients and essential fatty acids.
Raw Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 bananas
- 3 tbs. cacao powder
- 2 tbs organic raw, unsalted tahini
- Coconut water
- 8 packets stevia
- 6 organic Medjool dates, pitted
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
Blend all ingredients and 1 cup of the ice. Continue adding ice until mixture is thick. Add coconut water as needed to facilitate blending.
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1 cup ice
- 6 packets stevia
- Splash of apple juice
Blend all ingredients and ice. Continue adding ice until mixture is the desired consistency.
For more delicious raw-food and nutrient-dense food ideas, read “Raw Food, Real World.” If you have any other suggestions for soft delicious foods, please let us know about them in the comments section! You might end up seeing one of your recipes in one of our Dental Health Colorado offices. For more information on nutrition and dental health, visit Risks to Oral Health and Intervention by the World Health Organization.